Yes! Enable IMAP and Outlook access in Google. In order to connect Outlook to Gmail, you’ll need to first enable the IMAP connection that Outlook will use.
- Log in to your Google Apps account at Gmail.com, and click the gear button to access your settings.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Go to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Click the radio button to “Enable IMAP”. You can leave the default settings for the additional options that appear, unless you specifically want to change them.
- Save your changes
- Now, you’ll need to click this link to allow Outlook to log in to your account. Turn on “Access for Less Secure Apps”. If you’re unable to complete this step, you’ll need to have your admin log into http://admin.google.com and change a setting. The admin will need to do a search for less secure and click on the less secure apps result.
- Now you should be ready to set up your account in Outlook!
Important note:In this Outlook account, you will not be using your G Suite, not your Business Center login information. If this is for a non-administrator account you will likely not have a G Suite password setup yet. Follow our password reset instructions for the user that needs to be setup in Outlook and they will be able to pick their G Suite password.